In this revised edition of his well-known book, Professor Reisman relies on the whole of Titmuss's work, unpublished as well as published, to explain and evaluate the theories of this provocative but often difficult author.
His achievement will be the subject of continuous review and reappraisal. David Reisman's book is greatly to be welcomed as one of the first contributions to that debate and as an exciting and original work in its own right'.
Richard Titmuss and Social Welfare
Marshall, Journal of Social Policy. If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added.
- Richard Titmuss.
- Sustainable Consumption, Ecology and Fair Trade.
- Welfare and Society;
- Interrelationships between microorganisms and plants in soil: proceedings of an international symposium, Liblice, Czechoslovakia, June 22-27, 1987.
- The Limits of the Welfare State;
If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you! He worked there 16 years, rose to the rank of inspector, and developed a critical view of the social impact and power held by insurance companies.
Richard Titmuss; Welfare And Society: Welfare And Society
In Titmuss married Kay Miller, a social worker, who after his death helped to edit and republish several collections of his lectures and essays. After marriage, and while working for the insurance company, he pursued demographic studies and statistics relating to social problems, writing books concerned with poverty, ill-health, and family problems that drew the attention of important social Skip to main content Skip to table of contents. International Encyclopedia of Civil Society Edition.
Richard Titmuss: Welfare and Society
Titmuss, Richard Morris. How to cite.
- Publishing with a purpose.
- Max Weber, Rationality and Modernity!
- No customer reviews?
He married Kathleen "Kay" Miller, a social worker. Titmuss was an agnostic. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Richard Titmuss.
- Pete Alcock, Howard Glennerster, and Ann Oakley.
- Maryann Syers.
- Titmuss, man of vision | Society | The Guardian?
- Bibliographic Information.
- Leave A Comment;
- Welfare and wellbeing: Richard Titmuss's contribution to social policy.
- Flora Europaea, Vol. 5: Alismataceae to Orchidaceae (Monocotyledones)?
A World to Build. London: Bloomsbury.
Richard Titmuss and Social Policy at LSE | LSE History
Family Britain New York Times. New York.
Retrieved 10 December In Phelps, Edmund S. Altruism Morality and Economic Theory. New York: Russel Sage Foundation. Man and wife: Richard and Kay Titmuss: my parents' early years.
Related Richard Titmuss: Welfare and Society
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved